Think Pink! is an initiative that was created by Christopher Mavrikos in 2005 to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research and support. Christopher started Think Pink! to honour his mother, Lynn, who passed away after a long battle with breast cancer in 1997. Since 2005, Christopher has been holding annual Think Pink! events and has personally raised more than $150,000 in the fight against breast cancer.
- Held Think Pink! signature events in Vancouver and Victoria from 2005 through 2010.
- In 2011, Christopher ran his first-ever marathon and raised more than $10,000 for The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
- In 2009, 2010 and 2011, Christopher received The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation’s ‘Determination Award’ for most funds raised by any ‘Run for the Cure’ participant in British Columbia. In 2010, Christopher raised the most funds of any participant across Canada with a total of more than $30,000 raised.
- In 2012, Christopher organized a Think Pink! Block Party, which was a free family-friendly event that raised both funds and awareness.
- Christopher has been a guest speaker for The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation at numerous events in Victoria, including the Wild Lillies Gala in May of 2010 and the launch of The Big Pink Bus Tour in May 2011.
- Christopher worked with The Victoria Highlanders FC soccer team to create ‘Pink on the Pitch’ – a soccer match in which the home players all sported pink jerseys and funds were raised for The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. The event was held in 2010 and 2011 and raised more than $5,000.